Freelancer and Time tracking â€“ Itâ€™s not about money
The other day I read an interesting Jaredâ€™s opinion in this article:
were he is saying:
â€śThe statement in the title is a bit bold to say and many people will go against me when I say it, but time tracking is a waste of time. Time management however, is your best friend.â€ť
Why I use time tracking?
- Increases focus and concentration â€“ When I am tracking my time I really focus and concentrate to do the job.
- Saves from admin stuff â€“ Time tracking helps me save from all the admin stuff. Timesheets and Cost reports are automatically generated by software. Very useful when running more projects in parallel.
- Saves my time â€“ I save a huge amount of time on not writing emails with details what I am doing and what I am working on. My clients can check it online.
- Saves clientâ€™s time â€“ Clients donâ€™t need to call me or write emails to know project status. They just go online and check it by themselfes.
- Saves Clientâ€™s money and My time â€“ Because clients see what I am working on, they can stop me immediately if they think I should not be spending more time on a certain task. This may save weeks.
- Clients know how much it costs them. They can check cost of any task â€“ in the real time.
- Clients know when I am working on their projects and when I am not. I donâ€™t keep them in uncertainty â€“ â€śIs he currently working for us .. or someone else?â€ť
Also Jaredâ€™s is saying:
â€śThey hate not knowing the final cost.â€ť
This is true. Therefore I always tell my clients general project duration, but itâ€™s impossible to tell how long it will really take. I have proven records quality of my work. Clients know that. What I do â€“ needs to be done. And thatâ€™s what they pay for. If it takes longer â€“ then it needs to take longer, if project needs less time then it is done quicker.
What do you think? How do you work?
Please LIKE, Share, ReTweet. Thank you.