FPGA & SoC Hardware Design - Xilinx Zynq - Schematic Overview - Phil's Lab #50
FPGA and SoC hardware design overview and basics for a Xilinx Zynq-based System-on-Module (SoM). What circuitry is required and what to pay attention to (decoupling, configuration, voltages, sequencing, pull-ups/pull-downs, etc.) when designing more advanced hardware. Example design for Xilinx Zynq XC7Z007S System-on-Chip (SoC) in a CSG225 BGa package. Including multi-voltage buck converters, DDR termination regulators, DDR3L memory, QSPI and EMMC memory, and more!
- 00:00Zynq Introduction
- 01:19System-on-Module (SoM)
- 01:46Datasheets, Application Notes, Manuals, ...
- 03:01Schematic Overview
- 04:40Power Supplies
- 07:50Zynq Power, Configuration, and ADC
- 11:47Zynq Programmable Logic (PL)
- 14:14Zynq Processing System (PS) (Bank 500)
- 15:32Pin-Out with Xilinx Vivado
- 17:52QSPI and EMMC Memory, Zynq MIO Config
- 19:05Zynq PS (Bank 501)
- 20:16DDR3L Memory
- 22:55Mezzanine (Board-to-Board) Connectors