How To Learn PCB Design (My Thoughts, Journey, and Resources) - Phil's Lab #87
Recommendations on how to approach learning PCB and hardware design, including my journey, thoughts on university courses, IPC CID, ECAD tools, and resource tips.
- 01:24Why Learn PCB Design (Unlocking New Electronics)
- 03:52Why Learn PCB Design (Career)
- 04:47Problems With University Courses
- 05:37My Initial PCB Design Journey
- 09:01Key point: Learn by doing and challenge yourself!
- 10:14Open-Source Hardware
- 11:16Get Your PCBs Manufactured!
- 12:02Thoughts on IPC and IPC CID
- 13:08ECAD Tools (KiCad, Altium Designer, ...)
- 14:04Beginner PCB Design PDF Tutorial
- 14:37Design Reviews
- 15:56YouTube and Courses (Robert Feranec, Phil´s Lab)
- 16:39Rick Hartley (Videos, Books)