Platform forum

PCB Edge Connection

moresavanyu , 08-18-2021, 02:29 AM
Hello Everybody!

I would like to make a PCB edge connection like ESP8266. How do I do it without violating the rules and with matching 3D view?
WhoKnewKnows , 08-18-2021, 05:36 AM
Can you share an image of what you want to do?
moresavanyu , 08-18-2021, 05:47 AM
This is what I want to do, but don't know how to do it properly
WhoKnewKnows , 08-18-2021, 06:19 AM
I believe those are called castellations. Maybe @robertferanec has a video or other resources on doing this?

Perhaps the trick is to use Altium's panelizing features, then the castellations don't end up at the edges of the PCB where the rules will be violated.
moresavanyu, 08-18-2021, 07:19 AM
Just the name of that thing helped me so much, thank you!
robertferanec , 08-20-2021, 01:50 AM
Yes, these are called castellated holes. There is number of topics on this forum about them, For example maybe this can help: https://designhelp.fedevel.com/forum...mounting-holes
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?