How to design boards that work the first time
About how to design boards that you can sell to your customers as the very first version.
- 02:12Why this topics
- 04:06You may be asking: Why should I listen to this guy?
- 07:26Import reference schematics
- 10:03Use the same pinout / connections as in the reference circuit
- 14:19Build simple test circuits
- 17:17Add bypass resitors, pull ups & downs, optional components into your schematic
- 21:39Check, double check and triple check your libraries
- 27:28Go through schematic check and layout check documents
- 29:31Take time to browse and check your schematic
- 36:52Once placement is ready, build a paper model
- 40:41Reuse reference layout
- 43:09Read and follow design guides
- 44:43If, during layout, you have to break important rules, simulate
- 46:12Imagine what will happen when you connect your board to powever. Imagine what you are going to do when you receive your first prototype.
- 51:10Do not do silly mistakes!