| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

For a smps charger circuit & specifications

MohitBansal , 07-02-2023, 09:19 AM
Sir
I want to make a smps mobile charger for which specification are ie.
input - Ac supply 220-230v, 50htz
Output- DC supply 5v, 2A
But unfortunately I didn't find its circuit diagram, parts number, bom or any kind of merarial etc.
kindly gives the guidance. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you .
qdrives , 07-02-2023, 01:19 PM
I am going to be very blunt and direct.
With a question like that, SMPS from 230Vac is too dangerous.

Use a simple transformer first to a safe voltage, rectify and add capacitors.
Then add a simple SMPS from that low voltage to the desired voltage.

SMPS designs can be 'found' here:

Before selecting a solution, make sure that you can get the regulator as a large amount of them are not on stock.
robertferanec , 07-03-2023, 07:42 AM
I am sure you have your reasons why you would like to design it. Just maybe re-consider if it really is necessary. It is much cheaper and much easier just to buy an existing charger. I know it is not a direct answer to your question, but maybe it will help.
MohitBansal , 07-04-2023, 02:17 PM
Dears,
firstly I m reply on qdrive, your suggestion is very appropriable and be honest it give it gives me a lot of power designer solutions for my project.
On other hand I reply to Robert sir, yes I have my reason and that is I want to feel the electronics by making this and on other hand as I hope the built of a battery charger is a simple device to make for a comfortable practice as well as.
yeah it is easier to buy a new charger but I want to start with this. If you have any kind of help kindly provide.
Thanks to you both
qdrives , 07-05-2023, 12:45 PM
Switch mode power supplies are not easy. Better start with low (and safe) voltage before going high voltage.
Also make sure that you have done the topology in low voltage.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?